A rat met a big he-cat in a garret. The rat was driven into a corner and said shivering with terror.
"Please, please, don't eat me. I have to go home. My starving children are waiting for me. Please let me escape."
The cat answered,
"Don't worry. I don't eat you. I hesitate to say, but to be honest I'm a vegetarian. I never eat meat. You are fortunate because it is ME that you met."
The rat said,
"Oh! What a merciful day! What a fortunate rat I am! It is a vegetarian cat that I met."
No sooner did the rat say so than the cat jumped the rat and sank his keen teeth into the rat's throat.
The rat asked a questioned dying in his agony,
"Why? You said you are a vegetarian and never eat meat. That was a lie, wasn't it?"
The cat answered licking his lips,
"That wasn't a lie. I never eat meat. That's why I catch you and exchange you for lettuce."
(The "Joke master" speech was given on 27 June 2009 in Tokyo University)
No comments:
Post a Comment